1. Reassuring Residents: I will reassure residents by increasing visible policing of our streets. The direct relationship between the Police and the public they serve must be re-built.
2. Fighting Crime, not more Admin: The Commissioner’s focus should be fighting crime, not administration. I will target organised crime, drugs and gang leadership, knife and other violent crime, child sexual exploitation and Cyber crime.
3. Representing all our communities: We need more diversity on the Force. I will insist on more direct recruitment from within communities across our region, and fund more Special Officers, and youth services like Cadets and Mini Cops.
4. More focus on Rural Crime: Rural communities need effective Policing too. I’ll put more focus on tackling anti-social behaviour, drug crime, Car Crime and dangerous driving in these areas.
5. Smarter working with Health Services: The Police’s role is tackling crime, not social work. I will address this with better cross-agency working with Councils and the NHS.
6. Boosting Morale & Officer Support: Police officers deserve a Commissioner who supports them in their vital duties. I will boost well-being services for staff and make being an Avon and Somerset officer a job to aspire to.